Volunteers play and important role at Yea & District Memorial Hospital (Y&DMH) and the time they invest each week is greatly appreciated by staff, patients and residents alike
Volunteers perform many roles including the Ladies Auxiliary, making beds, assisting with resident meal times, running activities and coordinating the Buds & Blossoms program.
There are many reasons why people choose to volunteer and what they hope to gain from the experience. Some of their reasons include:
- The opportunity to contribute to the community they live in
- To be part of a team
- To help aged care residents maintain their independence
- To try something new
- The sense of satisfaction that comes from helping others
- To learn how to use their talents in a positive way
- To be with people
- To help enhance a feeling of community
- To make new friends
- To have fun
- To share skills
- To encourage others
If you are interested in volunteering at Yea & District Memorial Hospital please call hospital reception on 03 5736 0400.